How to check Aadhaar card status online
Candidates who have applied for the Aadhaar card can check their Aadhaar card status online easily through the free services of UIDAI’s online portal and/or through phone via SMS.
Various options like Enrolment form, Download e-Aadhaar, Update Aadhaar and many others can be found once clicked on ‘My Aadhaar’.
Similarly, to check the status of Aadhaar, steps to follow:
‘My Aadhaar’ > ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ > Fill in the required details > Enter security code displayed on the screen > Click on ‘Check status’. Voila, your Aadhaar status will be shown.
Here, the format for the temporary Enrolment ID or EID is, EID (1234/12345/12345 ), where you enter your 14-digit Enrolment number from the top of your Aadhaar slip. Then, enter date and time in the next blank space, the format is again 14-digited (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss).
You can check your Aadhaar status using the following ways:
Check Aadhaar status through the registered mobile number:
- Type the following SMS “UID STATUS <14-digit-enrolment-number>” and send it to 51969.
- If generated, the applicant will receive an SMS with the Aadhaar number.
- If not, an SMS is sent to the applicant with the current status of the Aadhaar.
Check Aadhaar status with enrolment number:
- First visit UIDAI’s official website.
- Click on ‘My Aadhaar’ > ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ > Fill up the required details and click on ‘Check Status’.
- In case the Aadhaar is generated, you will receive a message and options to download your e-Aadhaar or on your mobile number.
How to check Aadhaar status without enrolment number:
In case you have misplaced or lost the acknowledgement slip, you can still track the status by:
1. First visit UIDAI’s official website.
2. Click on ‘My Aadhaar’ > ‘Retrieve lost or forgotten UID/EID under ‘Get Aadhaar’ > Find UID or EID.
3. Fill the following details; full name, email ID, mobile number and security code to send the OTP.
4. Enter the OTP and click ‘Verify OTP’
5. Once verified, you will receive the Enrolment or Aadhaar number on your email ID or registered mobile number.
The Enrolment number helps in checking the status of Aadhaar.
Also, check the Pan Card KYC status.
How to check Aadhaar status through India Post:
Once UIDAI generates and dispatches your Aadhaar the process, it will be sent to the residential address of the applicant through post within 60 to 90 days. You can track your Aadhaar card online through the official website of India Post by:
1. India Post Official website > Enter consignment details from UIDAI website > Details of Aadhaar consignment will be seen.
Aadhaar status can be tracked using Aadhaar number at any India Post branch as well.